I cut the game board so that the fold in the middle would serve as the hinge for the Japanese stab binding, but then I realized that the board on the back of the book would be upside down. So I decided to put a third piece of book board in the center. That center board divides the book into two connected books and whichever side of the book is facing up is the "cover" of its own half of the book. It's sort of like a stab-bound version of a dos-a-dos book. It's easier to get the idea from the photos, especially #3, than from words.
The binding is done with very dark navy blue satin ribbon in a tortoise-shell stitch pattern. I like this stitch because it looks fairly sophisticated but is really easy to do. The hardest part is getting the holes lined up exactly right. I used vintage Scrabble tiles to spell out the words "good ideas" on one side and "true dreams" on the other. They're glued on with E6000 and they're definitely not going anywhere.
Even though the Scrabble tile thing has really been overdone the last few years, I still think it's a pretty nifty little book. I'm working on a couple of other Scrabble board books too that I'll likely post in the next couple of days.