But first, a technical update. I finally got the camera memory card worked out, but don't ask me how. I just kept fiddling with it, playing around with the camera's menu, putting the card in the computer's card reader to check, taking it out. Finally, it just worked. It sort of reminded me of the time I was a teenager making a dress I wanted to wear the next day when my sewing machine broke. I started taking it apart, took off the flywheel, took out a bunch of parts, dusted everything off, put it back together and it worked... and I still had three pieces in my hand. Hmmm....
Anyway, back at it. Today I have a very pretty hardcover journal. The covers and spine are made of Davey board and covered with a lovely blue/green/purple hand-marbled paper. The spine of the case is covered with royal purple bookcloth. The signatures are stitched with white waxed linen thread, then glued in the gluing press, then covered with mull, which was also glued down. The block was trimmed on the big cutter for a very clean edge. The headbands are black and white. After everything was done, I wrapped it all in waxed paper and put in the press for several hours to make it lie completely flat and neat.
The end papers are a heavy mottled green paper, Thai perhaps. Very nice.
This is a very clean, traditional cased-in codex blank journal that I'll be proud to offer for sale when this challenge is over.