I cut out the rather tattered book block and slit the spine down the middle.I turned the cut edges over and glued them down, then clamped them to dry. Then I lined the inside of both covers with textured black cardstock.
The pages are a 24 lb creamy beige paper with a parchment like mottled look to it. I folded eight signatures and stitched the book with the double-needle coptic stitch, again using six needles for the six sewing station.
I really need to do about a dozen more of these multi-needle coptic bindings before I will really "own" it. Every time I start one, I have to rethink it all over again. not the middle part of actually stitching the signatures, but the beginning and end. I seem to have trouble remembering the order and feel like I'm reinventing the wheel all over again.
So expect more of these...