So tonight, I was wandering through the house and ended up in the kitchen. Checked out some cereal boxes, some candy boxes (did that), some wrappings. Then I spied a stack of coffee filters. I've seen coffee filter books before so this seemed a natural. It took a bit of sitting staring at the things before this book came into focus in my mind. (I seem to do quite a lot of that sitting-staring-at-materials stuff.)
I cut the filters into four quarters. Then I made a cover out of brown card stock. I cut two strips from davey board for the spine and covered them with decorative tape. The book is stab stitched with waxed yellow cotton embroidery thread in a diamond pattern to mirror the diamond pattern in the tape.