By the time I could start on my book, I was literally falling asleep between stitches. Finally, I realized that if I forced myself to finish the book last night, I was going to screw it up somehow. So I crashed. Finished it this morning.
It's made from a Don Julio tequila box my friend Juan gave me while I was in San Miguel, a pretty and quite sturdy box. I cut it up, scored an extra fold line for the spine and trimmed it to size. I lined the inside of the cover with textured black cardstock for a nice clean finish. I painted the spine part with silver, made from PearlEx powder mixed with a little acrylic medium. The pages are three colors of text paper--blue, gray and white, in six signatures.
The stitching is the longstitch binding but slightly different than any I've done before. Instead of punching holes in the spine for stitching stations, I cut four cross slits to sew through. And I wrapped the stitching around the cover at top and bottom. It's a different look and one I'd like to play around with some more.