As I played with the idea, I decided I didn't wanted all plastic bag pages, just a few. I cut some white card stock to size for pages and made a tape-bound book, interspersing a plastic bag after every two or three pages. I decided on a tape binding because I didn't want to sew through the flimsy plastic. I knew the bags wouldnt' hold up. I've used the tape binding once before in this challenge. It is dead easy--no stitching, no glue--and I actually like the finished look. And I like that it allows the book to open completely flat.
Basically you just lay two pages side by side and tape them together at the join. Turn the right page over the left, lay down another page and tape it to the last one. Turn it over, butt another page up to it and tape them together... and so on until it's as thick as you want it to be. The covers were added the same way.
For this tape bound book, I used red duct tape (you might realize by now it's one of my favorite materials). After the block was completely taped together, I covered the spine with a wider piece of tape to finish it off.
I think it's kind of fun, and I like the idea that you can use it to collect stuff, not just notes and ideas, but actual physical stuff. I can see myself filling the plastic bags with feathers, leaves, tickets and other bits of ephemera.
Because yeah, I really do collect stuff.